Customer Profile Option
If you are configured to use the Paysafe Account Updater service, the customer profile option, which uses the Recurring Billing API, is provided by default, causing Paysafe to automatically update the payment card data stored in your Paysafe customer profiles. Payment card data stored on your own site are not updated.
If Paysafe updates payment card information in your customer profiles and the same payment cards are also stored on your own site, do not run the file-based Account Updater service for them.
To use the Account Updater service, you must have payment cards included in your customer profiles.
The customer profile process is as follows
On the first day of each month, Paysafe selects the data for any cards in your customer profiles that satisfy the following conditions:
- The billing record containing the card is active
- The card is set to expire in the current month
- The card has not been updated in the last six months
Paysafe runs a query of this card information against the Account Updater database of each card association.
- If a card number or expiry date has changed, Paysafe updates the billing record in the customer profile.
- If the card data is bad (for example, the Account Updater indicates that the card was lost), the Billing Record Status is set to Disabled. For example:
Paysafe creates a Scheduled Report in the merchant back office, outlining any payment card changes.
If you locally store the same payment card data as you keep in the Paysafe customer profiles, you can update your own records with the updated card information from the customer profiles.
Paysafe creates a scheduled report called Monthly Merchant Account Updater Status Report in the merchant back office. This report lists those card records that have been updated in the current month as a result of the Account Updater service, and reflects what you would see if you viewed the cards in the merchant back office Customer Profile Manager. Each record in the report contains the following information:
- Merchant account number
- Payment method ID (from the customer profile)
- Billing ID (from the customer profile)
- Last four digits of the card number
- Expiry date
- Decision code (see Response file decision codes and descriptions for details)
- Billing status (for example, Active or Disabled)
To have this report automatically emailed to you in either CSV or HTML format, or to place it in the /outgoing folder for SFTP delivery, sign in to the back office and choose Reports > Scheduled Reports to create a schedule.
Because the results for the Account Updater service can be returned in stages, Paysafe recommends that you run this scheduled report daily so that any new card updates are communicated to you promptly. You can deselect “Send Zero Results” so that you will not receive reports containing no records. For full details of using Scheduled Reports, see the Merchant Back Office Getting Started Guide.