Before You Start
This guide is for developers who want to use the Customer Vault API to:
- Create customer profiles, containing customer contact and billing addresses
- Store payment details, such as credit or debit cards and bank accounts
- Create single-use tokens for use with mobile phone payments, including Apple Pay. Single-use tokens are valid for only 15 minutes and are not consumed by verification.
- Authorize a payment using a token linked to a profile and card (also uses the Card Payments API)
The Customer Vault API must be used with either:
- The Paysafe Card Payments API, for processing debit and credit card payments, or
- The Direct Debit API, for processing customer Direct Debit payments.
- This guide assumes that you have developer-level knowledge of REST-based APIs, which you use to connect to the Paysafe platform.
- Test API calls can be sent to the Paysafe platform using cURL. Alternatively, you can use a graphical browser-based REST client tool such as Postman or the Advanced Rest Client. An example is provided in the section on REST architecture.
- All API requests must be made over HTTPS. Calls made over plain HTTP will fail.
- API requests without authentication will fail.