- Value Added Service
- Europe & UK
- United States
The Paysafe Customer Vault securely stores sensitive customer billing information, allowing subsequent transactions to be processed without the need for you to re-collect the information or to store it on your own system. This makes for a quick and simple checkout experience.
The Customer Vault REST API offers the following capabilities:
- Create and modify customer profiles.
- Securely store customer payment information, such as card and bank account numbers, in the Paysafe Customer Vault, and link it to the customer profile.
- Store multiple payment methods for each customer.
- Use tokens to process transactions.
Securely Storing Customer Profile and Payment Details
Once you have set up a Paysafe merchant account, you can connect to the Paysafe platform with our simple-to-use APIs.
The Customer Vault API can be used in conjunction with the Card Payments API or with the Direct Debit API. See the Scenarios section for a quick overview of integration options when using the API.
Here is a summary of the process:
- Use the Customer Vault API to create profiles for each of your customers, and then update the profile with linked profile data such as billing address, card payment and bank account details. Multiple payment methods can be linked to each customer profile.
- The Paysafe platform returns a unique payment token for each payment method.
- Use the payment token in future transactions: when the customer checks out next time or you make a repeat billing payment, include the payment token in your payment request, using the Card Payments API or Direct Debit API.
- The Vault token can be reused as often as required — it does not expire.
- When using the Card API, if you do not flag the authorization request as a recurring payment (using the recurring parameter), you must include the card CVV/CV2 with your authorization. For details, see the Auths object in the API Reference section.