Before You Start
This guide is intended for developers who are interested in integrating with the Paysafe payment platform using the Paysafe Direct Debit API for processing payments from or to customer bank accounts.
- Before you start integrating, be sure to apply for the accounts you need to test your integration.
- This guide assumes that you have developer-level knowledge of REST-based APIs, which you use to connect to the Paysafe platform.
Using the REST API
- Test API calls can be sent to the Paysafe platform using cURL. Alternatively, you can use a graphical browser-based REST client tool such as Postman or the Advanced Rest Client. An example is provided in the section on REST architecture.
- All API requests must be made over HTTPS. Calls made over plain HTTP will fail.
- API requests without authentication will fail.
Use of the Direct Debit API requires you to collect sensitive customer information, such as the customer's bank account details, on your e-commerce website and send these to Paysafe with your API request. Your systems will need to be able to collect these details securely.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your response!
On this Page