Webhooks allow the Merchant to track events happening in Paysafe Embedded wallet. The following object changes can be tracked using webhooks:
Customer restrictions - Events related to customer restriction changes
Transactions - Events related to Embedded Wallet transaction status changes
Accounts - Update to customer accounts. This event is used to track IBAN assignments.
Payment Instruments - Tracks payment instrument status changes.
Payment Handle - The webhook is sent when there's an update on the Payment Handle. The eventType signifies the change that occurred.
It is the Merchant responsibility to:
- expose API endpoints for web hook handling
- configure the webhook root URL with Paysafe
- ensure the availability of the endpoints to receive the webhooks
The webhook notification contains a signature header calculated using the following algorithm:
- digest = HMAC_SHA256 (hmacKey, UTF 8 string containing the JSON webhook request body)
- signature = base 64 encode (digest)
The code receiving the webhook needs to repeat this algorithm and compare the value generated with the value received in the header.
Notification resend API allows the Merchant to request re-sending of events that have already been sent and delivered successfully to the Merchant.
This could be used in cases some issue in merchant system prevented proper event processing.