Introduction to Card Payments
Paysafe offers a flexible set of API for processing card payments using the Paysafe platform. Connect your application directly to our payment platform to process a full suite of methods that are REST-based – designed to be easy to understand and use.
- Choose an efficient, lightweight, and fast integration method to access our API.
- Implement a variety of REST-based API requests – including purchases, refunds, and voids (authorization reversals).
- Obtain output in JSON format – it’s easy to parse in web and mobile applications.
- Use any language or platform to make requests through standard HTTP protocols.
Along with payment processing, Paysafe also provides a full array of associated services, including risk management, fraud reduction, and online real-time reporting tools.
Payments Made Easy
Paysafe's end-to-end payment solution enables businesses of any size to accept payments through a single integration. Here is a summary of the process:
Card Payments Overview
- The customer places an order on the merchant's website.
- The merchant sends a transaction request, including card information and a purchase amount, to Paysafe.
- Paysafe processes the transaction and sends an authorization request to the issuing bank (customer's bank).
- The issuing bank verifies the cardholder's information and authorizes the purchase amount.
- Paysafe returns the response to the merchant.
- The merchant provides a response to the customer.
- The acquiring bank credits the Paysafe account held on behalf of the merchant. This is when the initial authorization is settled.
- The customer's card account is charged.
Merchants can log in to their accounts to look up any transaction processed with Paysafe, including authorizations, settlements, refunds, or cancellations.
Start Accepting Card Payments
Your Paysafe account provides access by default to Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards. You can create separate Paysafe accounts to support other well-known card brands, such as Amex, Diners and JCB. Please contact us for details.
Once you have set up a Paysafe merchant account, you can connect to the Paysafe payments platform with our simple-to-use API. See our Scenarios section for a quick overview of integration options when using the API.
Please contact us for more information on services offered by our own Paysafe Acquiring.