The Paysafe Payments API supports Paysafecard as a Payment Instrument. You can process paysafecard payments using the Payments API.
The Payments API caters to the following needs for Paysafecard:
- Payment Instrument: Paysafecard
- Prepaid Payment Method: You pay online without entering any personal information, bank or credit card details.
- Transaction types: Payments, Withdrawals
- Payment authentication: PIN protected (Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) Compliance)
When you want to process a payment request using Paysafecard as the payment type, you would do the following:
- Create a Payment Handle with the transactionType parameter set to PAYMENT and the paymentType parameter set to PAYSAFECARD.
- Since the customer has to complete payment authentication by providing Paysafecard details, Paysafe returns a response with the following:
- The action parameter is set to REDIRECT
- A payment_redirect link points to the Paysafecard redirect URL
- Redirect the customer to the Paysafecard redirect URL so they can provide the PIN/Voucher details to complete the money transfer.
- Upon successful customer authentication, the merchant gets notified at the URL specified in the on_completed parameter included with their request.
- At this point, the status of the Payment Handle becomes PAYABLE.
- Use the paymentHandleToken returned in the response to process the Payment request.
Once the Payment request is successfully completed, the funds are immediately transferred to the merchant's account.
Paysafe card payouts allows the transfer of funds to my Paysafecard account holders. Payout is executed by the business partner at the demand of the customer.
Payouts is currently only available for my Paysafecard account holders in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep., Denmark, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
For each payout request the business partner needs to provide the customer’s personal details (first name, last name, email address & date of birth) to Paysafecard during the payout call. Paysafecard automatically validates the provided data against the registered my Paysafecard account data. The payout will automatically be refused if the data does not match.
If the data does not match 100%; the automatic validation cannot proceed and the payout will be refused automatically. The input will be normalized before the comparison starts by Paysafecard.
When you want to process a Paysafecard withdrawal request, you would do the following:
- Create a Payment Handle with the transactionType parameter set to STANDALONE_CREDIT and the paymentType parameter set to PAYSAFECARD.
- This Payment Handle should immediately have the status of PAYABLE
- Use the paymentHandleToken returned in the response to process the Withdrawal request.
Once the Payment request is successfully completed, the funds are immediately transferred to the customer's account.
Test Customer Id Values
Customer ID is also known as "Merchant Client ID", is an important parameter for the integration of paysafecard. The Customer ID identifies the Customer on our business partners side. The most optimal customer ID is a completely random value. A value that uniquely identifies the customer and is disconnected from any personal information. This customer ID value should be the same for all transactions of the customer. Here are Guidelines for possible Customer IDs:
|2c3be0b50c7a5f1964a63d78f38a6ffc41c027e9||SHA1 - email@example.com|
|742f2b1a55cd5d606ea44b4fcb54646a||MD5 - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3a5b0d0777dead9df93d502df85c8180e53804eb||SHA1 - UsernameValue1|
|3192481752123||Random Customer Identifier|
|CustomerID1||Customer Identifier free of personal information|
Sending any form of the invalid values will not be accepted.If you intend to process paysafecard transactions on multiple brands, please inquire about the possibilities of separating multiple entities for your account.