The Paysafe Payments API supports Paysafecash as a Payment Instrument. You can process paysafecash payments using the Payments API.
The Payments API caters to the following needs for Paysafecash:
- Payment Instrument: Paysafecash
- Prepaid Payment Method: You pay online without entering any personal information, bank or credit card details.
- Transaction types: Payments, Withdrawals
- Payment authentication: PIN protected (Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) Compliance)
When you want to process a payment request using Paysafecash as the payment type, you would do the following:
- Create a Payment Handle with the transactionType parameter set to PAYMENT and the paymentType parameter set to PAYSAFECASH.
- Since the customer has to complete payment authentication by providing Paysafecash details, Paysafe returns a response with the following:
- The action parameter is set to REDIRECT
- A payment_redirect link points to the Paysafecash redirect URL
- Redirect the customer to the Paysafecash redirect URL so they can generate a bar code.
- Upon successful bar-code generation, the status of the Payment Handle becomes PAYABLE. The merchant gets notified of this status change via webhooks that have been configured.
- Use the paymentHandleToken returned in the response to process the Payment request. The Payment will have a status of PENDING until the customer has made the payment.
Once the Payment request is successfully completed, the merchant gets notified via webhooks and the funds are immediately transferred to the merchant's account.
When you want to process a Paysafecash withdrawal request, you would do the following:
- Create a Payment Handle with the transactionType parameter set to STANDALONE_CREDIT and the paymentType parameter set to PAYSAFECASH.
- This Payment Handle should immediately have the status of PAYABLE
- Use the paymentHandleToken returned in the response to process the Withdrawal request.
Once the Payment request is successfully completed, the funds are immediately transferred to the customer's account.
Test Customer Id Values
Customer ID is also known as "Merchant Client ID", is an important parameter for the integration of paysafecard. The Customer ID identifies the Customer on our business partners side. The most optimal customer ID is a completely random value. A value that uniquely identifies the customer and is disconnected from any personal information. This customer ID value should be the same for all transactions of the customer. Here are Guidelines for possible Customer IDs:
|2c3be0b50c7a5f1964a63d78f38a6ffc41c027e9||SHA1 - email@example.com|
|742f2b1a55cd5d606ea44b4fcb54646a||MD5 - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3a5b0d0777dead9df93d502df85c8180e53804eb||SHA1 - UsernameValue1|
|3192481752123||Random Customer Identifier|
|CustomerID1||Customer Identifier free of personal information|
Sending any form of the invalid values will not be accepted. If you intend to process paysafecard transactions on multiple brands, please inquire about the possibilities of separating multiple entities for your account.