WooCommerce is an eCommerce platform for WordPress. You can extend your WooCommerce installation to use the Paysafe payments API by installing the Paysafe Payment Gateway plugin developed by Merrco.
This topic describes how to install and configure the plugin. It has been confirmed to work with the following systems:
- WooCommerce 3.1.2
- Wordpress 4.7.5
- WooCommerce Subscriptions 2.2.4
Click here for instructions on how to set up a WooCommerce online store.
These instructions assume that you have a Paysafe merchant account.
Installing the Plugin
- Download the plugin ZIP file from Paysafe, unzip it and then save the woo-merrco-payments plugin folder it contains to a temporary location.
- If you have the w3c super cache installed, log into WordPress administration, and then disable and clear the w3c cache.
- Connect to your site's server using FTP.
- Locate the /wp-content/plugins/ folder in your WordPress installation; this is where WordPress plugins are kept.
Upload the plugin folder to the /wp-content/plugins folder.
- If you have w3c super cache installed, re-enable it and clear the cache again.
Configuring Plugin Settings
To configure the Merrco plugin to use the Paysafe API:
- Log in to the Paysafe merchant back-end using the credentials that were emailed to you after you created your Paysafe merchant account.
- In the menu, click Settings, and then click API Key; your Paysafe API key User name and Password are displayed. Make copies of them for use later. For more information on API keys, including how to obtain them, click here.
- Log in to your store administration interface and navigate to WooCommerce > Settings, then click the Checkout tab and select Merrco Payment Gateway from the Checkout options.
- Configure the settings:
- To enable the gateway, select Enable / Disable.
- In Title, type a name for the payment gateway displayed to the customer in the checkout screen; for example Paysafe or Credit/Debit Card.
- In Description, type the name of the payment method displayed in the checkout screen. For example: Pay securely using your credit/debit card.
- In Merrco API Login ID, type your API key User Name.
- In Merrco Transaction Key, type your API key Password.
- In Merrco Account Number, type the Paysafe merchant account number from your welcome email.
- In Currency code, type the three-character currency code from your Paysafe account.
- In Currency Base Units Multiplier, type a the number of minor currency units that make up one of the main units of the currency chosen. For example, if you chose USD, you should type 100 (the number of cents in a dollar); if you chose Japanese YEN, the multiplier is 1, as there is no smaller denomination.
- Select Authorization Settlement Yes/No to make each request an authorization that includes a settlement. If you do not select this, the transaction amount is authorized on the card and a subsequent settlement request is required to actually charge the customer.
- Select Saved Cards to allow WooCommerce to use stored card details.
- In Cards Type, select the cards that the customer can use on the WooCommerce site.
- Select Merrco Test Mode to submit test transactions rather than ones to a live, production system.
- Click Save changes.
If you chose Merrco Test Mode, you can now test your setup with a dummy credit card. If you are in a production mode you will need to use a real credit card.